If you have been in a drunk driving accident and charged, you need a drunk driving attorney to understand the process as well as let you know what to expect. Being charged with drunk driving is a great deal because it can affect your life. Utilising a public defender would be far much better at giving you a chance over just defending yourself. Although you would have to pay to get an accident attorney to represent you, those legal fees would be much better than fines, jail time, license suspension or even losing your job due to the charges. Below are a few tips that can help you in your quest to find the right personal injury lawyer.
1. Search for an attorney who specializes in personal injury law enforcement, but more on automobile accidents and drunk driving accidents.
2. Start looking for an attorney with proven experience in drunk driving cases. You can search on Google or newspapers for recent prominent cases in your area with favorable outcomes. Look for any similarities between your situation and theirs. The attorney who handled that case will certainly know how to go about yours.
3. As much as advisable to go for a famous attorney, avoid those you see all over billboards and TV adverts. While this person could be well-known and popular, these companies are usually high volume meaning you’ll be just a number to them. You want a company that values quality over quantity and who will know you by name.
4. Their accessibility is a priority when on the lookout for an attorney to handle your drunk driving case. You need an attorney that you can speak to or get in touch with whenever you have questions. You also need an attorney who’ll handle your caseload instead of sending it to some clerk.
5. Search for a lawyer that’s compassionate about your situation. Such cases can make it a very emotional time for you, and besides the paperwork, you may need someone to listen to you or just to assist you to stay positive during the draining procedure of filing the claim. This kind of support helps your frame of mind in addition to helping you on your recovery.
6. Find a lawyer who’s aggressive in court. The best injury attorneys are going to have the ability to show you and your family compassion while fighting for you in the courtroom.
7. Free consultations are another thing to look out for. This provides you with peace of mind throughout the procedure and presents a no-pressure situation for you.
8. Find an attorney who’s connected well with the medical personnel and is knows about medical care to take care of all your treatments.